Blog Comments

Thank you Garth that information helps!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHN ROUNTREE 41449
    I have a couple of questions. Our dues are only $25.00 a year so the club cannot afford a hanger so I'm paying for it of my pocket. Rent here if $550.00 per month for a hangar that would increase our dues to $330.00 a year for 20 members.

1) How much do you charge for dues.
    2) Who pays for the hangar rent = the Club or ?
    Garth here from PR34. As for hanger rental we charge $30 per month to house your gyro in our hanger. We have 10 to 15 gyros in our hanger at any one time. $30 per month is very reasonable. Gyro pilots are very reasonable people and will understand charging a fee to keep their gyros, tools and accessories at the hanger. Don't be afraid to charge a reasonable fee.
    I have a couple of questions. Our dues are only $25.00 a year so the club cannot afford a hanger so I'm paying for it of my pocket. Rent here if $550.00 per month for a hangar that would increase our dues to $330.00 a year for 20 members.

1) How much do you charge for dues.
    2) Who pays for the hangar rent = the Club or ?
    Updated 05-28-2015 at 03:32 PM by JOHN ROUNTREE 41449
    I would add to Mike's blog that when visitors show up, approach and welcome them as soon as possible. Find out how they found out about your chapter, what their aviation background is and what they hoped to gain by the visit. Get them to stay for any meeting/lunch and explain what assets the chapter has and what it has to offer as a PRA chapter. If all goes well then sign them up!
    This is great advice. It also really helps to have good leadership like Mike!!!

PS:
    It did not post all the way Mike so I added what it left off.