Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toevs-Team ... new build

Toevs-Team ... new build

and a new era in our 4.5 years gyro-mania journey ....a story of enormous frustration & endless debacles ... that few yet know the full details & we hope with the eventual closure of legal process the story can be told!

Chapter 3 ..... 2015 ... building a Titanium Explorer in Australia ..... hoping shipping & registration/ AW & fly off will be complete to demo @ Bensen Days / Sun'n Fun ... to start off the Titanium AutoGyro - tour of 2015 US rotorcraft & UL airshow events!

now if this uber-slow rural -OZ internet will allow me to upload a pic ... we can but try!

If not ... a couple more weeks I hope to have decent internet again!

DUH - DAHHH ...IT WORKED!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Last edited by Christine Toevs 42127; 01-17-2015 at 03:38 AM.

PRA Secretary JOHN ROUNTREE 41449's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That is beautiful!!! I like this one guys!!!
    PRA- Director
    PRA- Volunteer Coordinator

PRA31 - Vice President of S.D. Rotorcraft Club
    http://www.Pra31.org

U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft... the most stable gyroplane on the market today.
    See: Aviomania USA http://www.AviomaniaUSA.com

OEM Dealer for MGL Avionics - glass cockpit EFIS for Experimental aircraft Ask about DISCOUNTS for PRA MEMBERS

Cool

THE MORE I see of & learn about the hidden detail of this gyro ... the more impressed & excited I become!

Almost complete & ready to ship!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

PRA Secretary JOHN ROUNTREE 41449's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is GREAT news... I think you have picked a winner...

She sure looks good!
    PRA- Director
    PRA- Volunteer Coordinator

PRA31 - Vice President of S.D. Rotorcraft Club
    http://www.Pra31.org

U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft... the most stable gyroplane on the market today.
    See: Aviomania USA http://www.AviomaniaUSA.com

OEM Dealer for MGL Avionics - glass cockpit EFIS for Experimental aircraft Ask about DISCOUNTS for PRA MEMBERS

PRA Vice President Tim O`Connor 38872's Avatar
    Wow!

That is fantastic!

The group representing this fantastic gyro is being formed in the United States. Great things are expected soon. We hope to have these available for the ROTR fly in in June.

Update ... here she is - FINISHED!

The long awaited special pre-preg carbon composite rotor was tested for the first time on the Titanium gyro ... OURS! The manufacturer & test pilot were thrilled with the test results. Just a little tweaking with the tip-weight & ready to ship.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 108.jpg   106.jpg   065.jpg   111 - Copy.jpg  

Sneak peak ...

a couple of pics of the rotorhead, tower, & blades being made.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0576.jpg   CAM01984.jpg   CAM01961.jpg   CAM01907.jpg   036.jpg  

How tough are these rotors?????

Direct from the Aussie manufacturer.... "Some additional tests done yesterday on blades ,

The required flexion test was done with a safety factor of 3.25 needing a load of 40.5 KG .

We then kept loading the blade to see what would happen and they took it up to over 660 Kg and still couldn’t break the blade

They then did a shear load test on the root end of the blade and exceeded 2055 KG and couldn’t break the blade , this would normally be negligible in flight because everything is relying on centrifugal force not shear , but just goes to show the strength of the blade .

If you had a aluminium blade you could not reach anywhere near these test figures ."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vlcsnap-2015-02-27-14h26m55s10.jpg  
    Last edited by Christine Toevs 42127; 02-27-2015 at 11:24 PM. Reason: lost text???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast