Thread: PDF Back Issues

PDF Back Issues

Looking through the back issues and noticed that the Nov. 2012 issue is listed but the file is empty.

PRA Secretary JOHN ROUNTREE 41449's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi Timothy

You bring up a sore subject for me personally and sadly there is no way to explain without an EXCUSE!

I bought all of PRA old magazines as a donation and I paid over 5K to have them all scanned into PDF files so we could all keep the wisdom and history we now share.

However there are thieves on the internet and they will download all of them and then re-sell old copies illegally. PRA found a program that would protect them and still let members read them.

I was not a BOD member at the time and lost control of the process as a only a volunteer or they would have been all on-line over 2 or 3 years ago! I mean that is why I spent the money in the 1st place.
    So know I want this very badly myself and I'm sick at hart about the whole mess and I will FIX it but have so many other things that were either broken or not even being used like the forum software.

They purchased this program (but lost the source code and program is lost in space too somewhere) and too top it off the previous BOD members paid for it in their name and with their personal credit card. They have now left PRA and so far will not help get the title transferred over to PRA and me as the support person!

The same thing happen with the web-site = no source code the programmer kept it! Now I'm hacking complied files but keeping it running.

Now you would think this should be simple just explain to the company and correct who really owns and paid for it!

Well the same thing happen with the forum software and i took me over 40 hours of emailing, calling, emailing, calling and still no Joy! The forum software is still not in our name as it required the past BOD members to upload photo of driver license, credit card, and more!

I hacked my way into the Forum by contacting the past PRA member who was listed as the technical support and they finally gave me the username password but the password did no work.
    So thank GOD he let me just reset the password sending it to his email address and is working with me now so I get in and request technical support help. When they email him he sends me a copy.

I do not have 40 or 50 hours just to get a working copy of the magazine software what we own to even start finishing the job for you myself.

There are much worst problems I'm working on now 20 hours each day for over a month or two.

I may just ask for donations as I'm broke now donating all my money 40K+ to PRA Chapter 31 to build a co-owned rental gyroplane trainer as this will grow PRA faster than anything else I can think of.

As soon a I can if no one will just buy another copy 1st I will take the hours and hours and try and get PRA's copy restored from the software house and get the job DONE!

So for now I'm sorry; until I have a program I can do nothing but sulk and feel so embarrassed this has not finished for all you over two years ago?

PS:
    The only reason I explain all of this an the money is to show you I have a personal vested interest and would just buy a copy as my time is worth so much more.

Also that if anyone has a right to be upset it should be ME! I'm not; just never surrender and never give up and I will get it DONE!
    Last edited by JOHN ROUNTREE 41449; 01-17-2015 at 07:10 PM.
    PRA- Director
    PRA- Volunteer Coordinator

PRA31 - Vice President of S.D. Rotorcraft Club
    http://www.Pra31.org

U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft... the most stable gyroplane on the market today.
    See: Aviomania USA http://www.AviomaniaUSA.com

OEM Dealer for MGL Avionics - glass cockpit EFIS for Experimental aircraft Ask about DISCOUNTS for PRA MEMBERS

Blog Entries
    Hi Timothy

You really did ask a GREAT question. I've been reading about vBulletin having photo albums! But could never find where they are.
    I searched the internet for vBulletin photo albums and try yourself there is nothing!

Then I found them!!

We do have personal photo albums!!!!
    To find them you must click on the members name and be taken to view their profile.
    If you look around on my profile I will try and add at least one picture so we can see exactly how this looks and works.

I had hoped they were all in a group so I would know if there are any photo posted or not before trying each members to find them?

This sort of sucks if you ask me. I guess a work-around for now until PRA can buy or write a real photo album program is for us to create a forum where we can announace we have posted photos.

All I can come up with for now.

Anyone have any ideas or a free photo album please let us know...

If anyone would like to volunteer to find us one it would really be appreciated as it would be on-line sooner?

Bummer, Still it is 1st thing I've been disappointed in the software so far. = note to self = so far!!
    We are just starting to use this.
    PRA- Director

U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft... the most stable gyroplane on the market today.

OEM Dealer for MGL Avionics - glass cockpit EFIS for Experimental aircraft Ask about DISCOUNTS for PRA MEMBERS

Blog Entries
    OK I recant just a little! If You click 'What is New' Tab my posting of the album does show up under today's activity.

Here is a video of how to make a photo album.

Also I had uploaded photos to post on the Dr. Charnov forum so what I saw were all of these photo available to me to add to my photo album without uploading them.

If you look at the bottom of the file selection dialog box you can check mark the ones you wish in this album and just drag them DOWN to the box below..
    It works for me!!!
    PRA- Director

Thank you John for the detailed explanation. I fully understand and applaud your commitment and significant investment in the PRA. As for any embarrassment or disappointment you feel please put that away. You have committed a great effort and expense to the organization that not many have equaled in my memory since I joined PRA many years ago. With everything you have going on I don't see how you have the time to do what you do. Very well done!

I understand the piracy issue and the software solution of using Flippingbook is the way to go for the old print only issues. The issue I asked about is after the PRA went to digital delivery of the magazine. The issues before and after this issue are available for members to download now and it appears that this issue just got missed. I opted for digital delivery to help PRA save money on print costs. During my "digital house keeping" I must have deleted this and other issues. I used the archive to recover all but the Nov 2012 issue and that is the reason for my request. I have been purchasing the old print issues for my library as I can find them and at and average price of $4.00 per the cost adds up quickly. I have bought about 200 issues so far. I gave away a great many of my subscription issues in years past to recruit prospective members and now I'm trying to rebuild. I have a long way to go but it's worth it.

Concerning the photo and video question, how about a topic section where each member can start a thread as in the new forum member section where we can simply us the insert photo and insert video function and just add as we choose? Example of my friend Henrys' gyro below.

Thanks again

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gyro2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	157
    Last edited by TIMOTHY COLEMAN 14512; 01-18-2015 at 10:16 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thank you... You are kind; it is embarrassing after all this time. But it too will be done.

And how is it everyone knew about FipplingBook I had never heard of it before?

I love the tail art and photo. I do love photos and video you guys please post more...

Are you going to add an HS?
    PRA- Director

There are many online PDF viewers available. Most all online stores that print a catalog and magazines that offer digital delivery use some brand of online viewer that does not allow downloading and some that do allow downloading. I had never heard of Flippingbook software but who can keep up with digital anymore.

As for the gyro photo, it was during construction and yes he has a HS to install on it.

Blog Entries
    Can you post a picture of her now?
    PRA- Director