Thread: The Stuttgart Engineering Turboprop STV 100 and STV 130 Engines

PRA Secretary JOHN ROUNTREE 41449's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Stuttgart Engineering Turboprop STV 100 and STV 130 Engines

The Stuttgart Engineering Turboprop STV 100 and STV 130 Engines

provide a complete new approach to the motorisation of ultralight, light aircraft and helicopters.

This is not about a conversion of some jet starter, but a real new turboprop engine build from scratch to meet the requirements and satisfy the demands of light and ultralight aircraft of the new generation. The result is a light two shaft, strong, fuel efficient, affortable turboprop engine. Great features, such as the dual independent fuel system provide an unmatched reliability.

What we have done so far Until October 2016 the turboprop has more than 800 hours on simulated flight circle tests with power settings for takeoff, climb, cruise and descent.
    These tests showed a vibration free, robust, agile and flexible engine that can constanly provide the full power from zero and up to 33.000 ft. The fuel consumption lies at about 27 kg/hr of Diesel for the 100 hp engine.

Extended flight tests are to start in 2017.

>>>Click Here to see their web-page >>>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Turboprop.jpg  
    Last edited by JOHN ROUNTREE 41449; 05-09-2017 at 10:32 PM.
    PRA- Director
    PRA- Volunteer Coordinator

PRA31 - Vice President of S.D. Rotorcraft Club
    http://www.Pra31.org

U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft... the most stable gyroplane on the market today.
    See: Aviomania USA http://www.AviomaniaUSA.com

OEM Dealer for MGL Avionics - glass cockpit EFIS for Experimental aircraft Ask about DISCOUNTS for PRA MEMBERS

I just went to this web site and am amazed. If I did my math correct, this engine weighs about 65 lbs and cost about $11,200. What a great deal and uses diesel fuel about 3.5 gallons an hour.
    last report test was in 2016. need to find latest reports.

I think 32 kg per hour X 2.2 pounds per kilo / 7 pounds per gal diesel = ~10 gph. Still its a turbine power to weight cant be beat.
    Ed L.

Ahh yes, my mistake. That's for the correction. I was looking at the STV 100 model, 27kg x 2.2=59.4 at 7lbs a gallon= 8.5 Guess I wasn't too close to that either. That's why I try not to do math, late at night. So thats alot of fuel, is it not?
    Gas engines use about 3.5 to 5 gal per hour?
    Would the diesel turbine then use too much fuel even though the engine is lighter? or is the fuel consumption too much of a weight loss for the craft to stay properly balanced?