Thread: ROTOR WING FORUM THREAD

La palma, CA and Gonzaga Bay, bajs, Mexico

ROTOR WING FORUM THREAD

There is a new thread on the rotary wing forum titled " Effect of prerotation on takeoff distance". It is the best topic I have read in a while. Little John Rountree has a very good idea and I want to be put on the list of folks who are interested in getting the pre rotator John is talking about developing.
    What can the board due to help get this moving forward?
    Last edited by Russell Owens 42144; 12-23-2014 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Added question

PRA Secretary JOHN ROUNTREE 41449's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Big Russ
    Buddy I agree with you 100% I feel many other members would too.

It's on the BOD's agenda and is up for discussion. I have asked Nicolas... no reply yet. Doesn't mean if he say no. PRA can do it only not with my direction.

However I've already posted the (secret of adding an RRPM sensor and a lookup table of what voltage is needed for which RRPM you are at) and the flow chart needed to make this work as well as the parts and the machining for each different head made.

It could be at almost cost for members or they can make it all themselves at cost with a copy of the rotor head bracket plans and our newest software?

These are real member benefits we ALL need and is just part of my vision of what PRA could do in really meeting members, Chapters, Instructors, and Manufactures, needs they all need common tools we could provide them and they would need us as much as our members need them?

I'm optimistic that things will start moveing froward at what looks like light speed compared to the past with this BOD. I mean the forum is up and other things are in the pipeline now.
    Last edited by JOHN ROUNTREE 41449; 12-23-2014 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Owens 42144 View Post
    What can the board due to help get this moving forward?
    Well the discussion has already begun. I believe we can try to collect a group of people willing to work towards developing a light electric pre-rotator. It will still take volunteers to do the work, but we can try to orchestrate the effort and keep them on task. Once a working prototype has been developed, we could become a source for parts, and could dispense the plans and make all of this available to members, as an additional benefit of being a PRA member. Lets see if we can find some people willing to work on a project like this.

Doug Barker
    PRA Pres.

Blog Entries
    OK the forum seem stable. No more double post since I fix it.
    So time to start looking for volunteers.
    I will create the Forum under Open Source Project.
    I will have to setup five groups for the needed experts to work each on there portion towards the whole.

This BOD rocks at meeting member requests!

Thank you Russ for asking for it!
    Last edited by JOHN ROUNTREE 41449; 12-27-2014 at 09:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Well it has turn into a project see this link: http://www.pra.org/forums/forumdispl...stions http://
    PRA- Director
    PRA- Volunteer Coordinator

PRA31 - Vice President of S.D. Rotorcraft Club
    http://www.Pra31.org

U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft... the most stable gyroplane on the market today.
    See: Aviomania USA http://www.AviomaniaUSA.com

OEM Dealer for MGL Avionics - glass cockpit EFIS for Experimental aircraft Ask about DISCOUNTS for PRA MEMBERS